To check in necessary
INFORMATION FOR GUESTS ON THE MANDATORY RECORDING OF PERSONAL DATA
We hereby inform you that under the terms of operative legislation*, from 1st September 2021 certain personal data required by law shall be recorded for every guest using accommodation services in Hungary in property management software with the aid of a document reader, and be transmitted to a storage space, the Closed Guest Information Database (VIZA in Hungarian).
For guests younger than 14, the accommodation provider may record the above data on the basis of data provided by the guest’s representative (e.g. parent, guardian).
Data to be recorded:
- first name and family name;
- first name and family name at birth;
- place of birth;
- date of birth;
- sex of the guest;
- mother’s first name and family name at birth (if it is on the identification document);
- identification data on identity card or travel document;
- for third-country nationals**, number of visa or residence permit, and date and place of entry into Hungary.
For the purpose of recording the data, guests over the age of 14 using the accommodation service shall present their personal ID card, driving licence or travel document suitable for verifying their identity to the accommodation service provider. Accommodation service providers shall refuse to provide the accommodation service if the document is not presented. As authorised by legislation, accommodation service providers are entitled to ask for the personal identification documents of guests over the age of 14 and guests must comply with this request.
Please plan your travel and arrival in accordance with the above!
Thank you for your cooperation!
· Act CLVI of 2016 on state functions pertaining to the development of tourism regions;
· Gov. Decree 235 of 15 October 2019 on implementation of the act on the responsibilities of the state regarding development of tourism regions;
· Gov. Decree 414 of 23 December 2015 on the rules for issuing identity cards and on the uniform recording of likenesses and signatures.
**third-country national: a person described in Act II of 2007 on the admission and right of residence of third-country nationals